All of the recipes that I have collected over the years got lost during our move. So I had to scour the internet for new ones that are similar to my favorites and some, like this favorite banana cake recipe of mine, I had to ask Tita Juliet again. Thankfully, after contacting her daughter and some of her neighbors, haha, she sent it again. And so, I am now at peace. hehe.
Her recipe produces the softest,yummiest and moistest banana cake. A real keeper.
The only thing I added was the cinnamon crumb topping which I got from an old recipe for Peach Crisp. Mash-ups are my jam. Haha. It just made it even more perfect.
Chocolate Chip Banana Cake
for the banana cake:
2 cups Banana, mashed
1 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
11/4 cup brown sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
for the crumb topping:
1/2 cup flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
4 tbsp cubed butter
2/3 cup rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Sift all the dry ingredients together - flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
2. Meanwhile, combine the mashed banana, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl and mix.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with flour mixture. Add the chocolate chips. Mix until thoroughly combined.
4. For the crumb topping: Stir together the flour,brown sugar,cinnamon and salt. Add the cubed butter and rolled oats. Toss them all together in a small bowl.
4. Grease baking pan and line with parchment paper. I used mini loaf pans. Pour the banana cake mixture into the greased pan. Sprinkle the crumb topping generously on the cake.Bake for 30-40 min. If using bigger pans, bake it for 50-60min. Cool in pan for 10-15 min removing the cake.